Spyder headlights Projector Swap + HID Install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spyder headlights Projector Swap + HID Install

So i just picked up a 2011 F150 that the previous owner installed Spyder headlights with the crappy Projectors. I'm looking to swap the projectors but need some advice. I can pick up the Spyder Retrofit kit that has ACME H1 Projectors and Morimoto XB Bulbs or i can spend $100 more and get EVOX-R 2.0 Projectors / OSRAM CBI Bulbs and HYLUX 45W Ballast.
    Would the Spyder Kit be bright enough and good for a daily drive with a 70% tinted windshield or should i step up? If so below is what I'm looking to get and need some advice. Thanks.

BALLAST - HYLUX A0050 (45W)
    BULB - OSRAM D2S CBI
    PROJECTOR - EVOX-R 2.0
    HARNESS - MOTOCONTROL BI-XENON:H13/9008 (Will this harnees both connect to the facotry harness / ballast / d2s bulbs?)

If you drive mostly on roads with street lighting, then I would go with the ACME and call it a day. But if there's any stretch of freeway or backroads that are not lit by street lights, I'd go with the EvoX-R. I'm not sure about the higher wattage ballast though, that might reduce the lifespan of your projector bowls.
    Jul 2012 ROTM (3-way quad headlight) ; Sep 2015 ROTM (custom muli-lens 7" fogs)

3-way quad wiring; foreground limiter; squirrel finder;

Comment

Working...
    X