Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hid kit

hello all,
    i need some recommendation on buying after market h1 kit. since there is a lot of them in market. some are good some are not reliable. so i am looking for reliable kit.

Welcome to HID Planet!

What car is this going in? Aftermarket HIDs in halogen housings can be good or bad.

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder
    2017 Lexus CT200h F Sport

Comment

Originally posted by Haloruler64 View Post
      Welcome to HID Planet!

What car is this going in? Aftermarket HIDs in halogen housings can be good or bad.
      its going in to altima of 2004
      from factory it has halogen bulb low beam is h1 and high beam is 9005
      order spyder projector headlights it comes with h1 bulb install for hi/low beam
      i was thinking of going with morimoto h1 elite kit

spyderauto.com/product.php?id=PRO-YD-NA02-HL-BK

Comment

Ah Spyder headlights for an Altima, got it. The simple answer is I always recommend XenonDepot, best bulbs and ballasts on the market. If you want to go budget, NHK bulbs and ballasts from Lightwerkz. I'd avoid Morimoto, the ballasts are iffy.

The long answer is that the Spyder projectors inside your new headlights are pretty terrible. Optically, and performance wise, they suck. I don't know if you'll notice this. You can improve it with a projector swap, a Mini H1 7.0 would fit with a bracket and use the same bulb. Good upgrade now or down the line!

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder

Comment

First, thank you for understanding you need projectors for an HID bulb; however, please note that those are halogen projectors made for a halogen bulb and should not be used with an HID kit. The HID bulbs will probably burn the bowls over time and render your headlight useless. Also, the use of HID in them will still cause glare for oncoming traffic to deal with. Best case scenario you have to aim the lights down a bit. Worst case, you blind everyone no matter what.

Before going HID I would have you consider either Diode Dynamics or Morimoto 2.0Stroke LED H1 bulbs. They're actually really good for LED's and they wont burn the bowls

But, for the best kit, I'd go with LightWerkz (15% off with Welcome15) Hylux 35w kit for use in those Spyder housings. You get a 3year warranty and Hylux ballast are known to last about 5years.

With all of that being said, I second what haloruler64 said about thinking about doing a swap, but I'd go with the Morimoto D2S 5.0 if you can fit it so you can use OEM bulbs. OEM bulbs will last longer and perform considerably better. However, the Mini H1 7.0 is still pretty awesome and a major upgrade over those basic Spyder projectors.

Lastly, please use this website https://www.danielsternlighting.com/...S67SNv-4ZK4GCs for aiming your new headlights. You will use VOL specification for projectors, which means 2.1" down at 25ft for that car.

Note: doing a projector swap in those headlights is straight forward and relatively easy with brackets that are sold under "RetroQuick" kits on theretrofitsource.com and lightwerkz.net
          Last edited by VetteV12; February 15th, 2019, 08:29 PM. Reason: Added link

Comment

They're Spyder projectors. You don't want LEDs in them, they'll be unusable. Even with HIDs they're nigh unusable, but at least you get 3200 lumens haha.

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder

Comment

Working...
            X