No announcement yet.

Popular Aftermarket & OEM Ballast/Bulbs Shootout

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denso is better than the FastBrights, but the FastBright F5s will be brighter. Because 50W.

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder
    2017 Lexus CT200h F Sport

Comment

• damn photobucket... i hope u can fix the links

Comment

• Originally posted by mujjuman View Post
        damn photobucket... i hope u can fix the links
        there are add-ons for your browser to fix it.

Comment

• So I'm running the Firefox add-on for photobucket links (by jlevers), works elsewhere on here but not on this thread's first page.

OH well, the videos still work I wanted to see a diff of DLT F3 and Hylux 35W.

Comment

• this site is running an older/butchered/non-updated type forum software, so the chrome plugin i have works here, but not elsewhere...
            The time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time

Comment

• Originally posted by Mostafa United View Post
              i have bought DLT F3 FAST BRIGHT from aliexpress :
              1- very fast ! same as what HK45 tested here
              2- bright !
              3- bulbs get warmer than my previous unknown Chinese ballasts
              Hello.
              Can you provide the link of the item you bought? I'm looking for a F3 ballast on AliExpress, but there are so many sellers and I don't know wich of them sells the good stuff.

Thanks.

Comment

• I've bought from "TIAUTO Store" and "Guangzhou NO.1 Store"

Comment

• Which ballast will turn on instantaneous?

Comment

• Almost all ballasts have a start up flash, followed by a warmup period.
                    2000 Celica GTS 'slowest gts evar'
                    1998 Mazda 626 FS-DE/CD4E 'mom-mobile'

Comment

• I realize this is an older thread but I wanted to contribute to it since I have been linking to it as a reference for people getting into HIDs.

I recently had a Morimoto XB35 ballast go out on me after 3yrs of service. TRS took care of me and shipped me a replacement XB35 2.0 ballast. While I waited for it to get to me I purchased a cheap 35w $10 ballast on Amazon to keep both lights on and to have as a spare while camping/off-roading on long trips. In short I should have spent a little more for the DLT Fast Bright F3 ballast I guess. You don't need a Lux meter to quantify the difference in brightness.

Driver's side is a new Morimoto XB35 2.0 and the passenger side is the Innovited 35w ballast with built in igniter. This is after about 15min of drive time. Headlights are OEM halogen projectors on a 2018 Canyon SLE 4x4 with Morimoto XB35 H11b bulbs with 3 years of use.

Comment

• On the flip side, if you cheapo $10 bulbs, DLT will colour shift them straight to pink haha.

Comment

Working...
                        X