Page 1 of 84 123456789101151 ... LastLast

Thread: new v-leds elef style bulb (triton v3)

Senior Member HID Rookie

new v-leds elef style bulb (triton v3)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-mQt...ature=youtu.behttp://www.facebook.com/VLEDSSeems interesting. White, amber, red and switchback indicating that they will probably be using more than 1 diode in the design. You can sort of see what appears to be a rebel tri star at the 3 second mark in the video.
    Last edited by gearbox; November 20th, 2012 at 11:04 AM.

The GIF Master HID KING soulsea's Avatar

2014.5 RR V8SC

Senior Member HID KING apkarian100's Avatar
    What is the lumen output of the regular elef LEDs?

Moderator HID FANATIC soundman98's Avatar
    lol, 'unmatched in the industry'
    Quote Originally Posted by John Lennon
    The time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time.
    2001 Eclipse led conversion, high power led reverse light conversion (dead), led reverse light-revision 2 done!

note to self, winter sucks
    my 2014 brz

Senior Member LORD XENON gearbox's Avatar
    the elef is around 200 lumens of red-orange light from an osram diamond dragon single led chip. that v-leds lens probably will not work well in majority of apps. it is not a reflector like the elef, but rather a light guide type of piece. depends on how bright the leds are i guess, and how reliable the driver is in the long run. the price is silly for what it is, and it will need to be dismantled to really get a good idea of the quality as far as components used. otherwise as far as im concerned its just another cheap chinese pnp bulb.
    Last edited by gearbox; October 13th, 2012 at 10:45 AM.

Senior Member HID Learner
    And ive found its very difficult to get the true brightness of an led light source through picture/video. They can just have their settings so that it looks really bright but it really wont be when you get it. You need before and after shots to show that it is as bright as it says. Say, a comparison between the stock bulb and theirs.

The GIF Master HID KING soulsea's Avatar
    I'm thinking the only upside for those who were going to use a pnp bulb anyway is that the heatsink would allow it to be used as a drl. But I know nothing of what constitutes an effective heatsink so I'm likely wrong.

2014.5 RR V8SC

BrokenVisaCard
    That's a steep price!!

The more I read into LEDs, the more I hate them (products). It's hard to decide what to purchase because you don't want crap, but if it works.....

I guess for the guy who just wants to be "cool" it's okay.

For someone (like me) who is actually trying to seek a PnP LED light for reverse lights to help aid in reverse driving with .3% window tint.. it's not easy research.

Moderator HID FANATIC soundman98's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by soulsea View Post
    I'm thinking the only upside for those who were going to use a pnp bulb anyway is that the heatsink would allow it to be used as a drl. But I know nothing of what constitutes an effective heatsink so I'm likely wrong.
    yeah, it really depends on how they're running them.. if they're under-powering them, then they ought to be fine for drl's. but if they're running at the max input current, then i have my doubts that is enough heatsinking..
    Quote Originally Posted by John Lennon
    The time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time.
    2001 Eclipse led conversion, high power led reverse light conversion (dead), led reverse light-revision 2 done!

note to self, winter sucks
    my 2014 brz

Senior Member LORD XENON gearbox's Avatar
    yeah there is no way if their claim of 9w is accurate. that is similar to the elefs that are not recommended for constant use. the dim mode is only 1w and still gets the housing noticably warm but not hot. the vleds should be fine as a turn signal or reverse/brake light so long as you dont use it for more than a minute or two. ofcourse assuming it uses a constant current driver and not a resistor. They could be decently bright and reliable with a cc driver if they are real rebel leds. being powered at 700ma, they could be pushing close to 600 lumens. with the light loss due to the optic piece, i would venture to guess they would be on par with a clear filament bulb as far as output, at least for the 5000k white version. so at least may make a decent reverse light if you spray the black parts with chrome paint. the amber and red versions would be much dimmer but prolly still bright enough when you account for filtering loss of a clear bulb behind colored lens.