Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Subaru WRX halogen projector to HID projector?

Junior Member HID Newbie

2012 Subaru WRX halogen projector to HID projector?

I will be purchasing a 2012 Subaru WRX (currently own an FX35-r retrofitted Honda Fit done by HIDIllusionz) and it comes with halogen projectors. I was wondering how much harder would it be to pit in HID's since technically all the hardware is in place?

Senior Member HID MASTER Michelin Man's Avatar
    If your lucky you might be able to find a HID projector that shares the same or similar mounting as the factory halogen projector.

An adapter plate might even be available depending on the projector you plan to go with.

Got Retrofit? Owner HID MASTER TRSMatt's Avatar
    well you could just install an HID system into the stock projectors and it will have HID's of course - but the output wont be quite as good as your retrofitted FX35s of course.

The Impreza housings are fairly retro friendly though, good amount of choices there when it comes to the list of projectors that will fit in place of the originals

2013 Lexus GS350 F Sport : Skipper Designs Front Lip : Rotiform BLQ Concave : Michelin PSS : Brembo GT 380mm : RSR Suspension : GS350/STi-R Bi-xenon
    * For any inquiries please e-mail Matt@TheRetrofitSource.com, PM's = not a good way to reach me*

Senior Member HID Recruit
    clear lens swap possibly?

04 Sable Mini h1's GG shrouds 5000k 55w-sold
    07 Cobalt LS- Mini h1's E55 shrouds 80mm CCFL-parts in closet soon to be done

Junior Member HID Newbie
    I've always liked Matt..... He's been very helpful over the years..... So here is a question...... I LOVE my FX35's. Would they fit into the wrx's housing with the adapter kit that TRS offers?

Junior Member HID Newbie
    bump for question...

Senior Member HID MASTER Michelin Man's Avatar
    Might be best to shoot Matt an email.

Senior Member HID Recruit DenaliAK's Avatar
    Could you buy a set of WRX/STi HID headlights and just swap them in? Might end up being easier and cheaper than a full-blown retro, although I'm sure those headlights are pricey.
    Low-beam TSX retro

Originally Posted by circa27
    ...the asian store on ebay across the world explaining to you in broken english that his bulbs are blue like the sun, yeah he's probably the one being honest here.

Got Retrofit? Owner HID MASTER TRSMatt's Avatar
    Unfortunately the adapter kit that we make available for the current WRX's only works with the Morimoto Mini D2S bi-xenons, which are "eh" compared to your FX35 Bi-xenons to be honest.

However, I am confident that with some dremel work and creativity, the retrofit shouldn't be toooooooo bad to do a real-deal conversion and retro those bad boys in there permanently.

2013 Lexus GS350 F Sport : Skipper Designs Front Lip : Rotiform BLQ Concave : Michelin PSS : Brembo GT 380mm : RSR Suspension : GS350/STi-R Bi-xenon
    * For any inquiries please e-mail Matt@TheRetrofitSource.com, PM's = not a good way to reach me*

Senior Member HID Learner
    What about retrofitting FX-R's in there while keeping the electric leveler ? (STi)