Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22

Thread: S2k's on my 08 Si coupe

  1. #11
    Brightening Up Your Day LORD XENON gold94corolla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Columbia, Maryland
    Posts
    20,830
    Nice! It's definitely nice to see someone using some S2Ks again, like in the good ole days.

  2. #12
    Senior Member HID Rookie LatinoDC2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    302
    Quote Originally Posted by activeservoz View Post
    Nice cuttoff. Is that the one you did yourself? It's so rewarding to know you did it!
    Naw the first retro I did with these projectors the rotation was off a little. I rolled like that for like two years then decided to have a pro like Joon Joon fix them and make them straight.
    Quote Originally Posted by 03SXTGuy View Post
    Wow, great colour to those using the TSX-R clear lens! Nice.

    On the S2000's, are the upper cutoffs (esp. driver side) supposed to slope down so much like that? Looks like the lower cutoff is, in fact, pretty straight...but if not, it sort of looks like a wave, which is kind of cool haha
    Yeah I like the big z steps
    Quote Originally Posted by gearbox View Post
    yeah thats normal, like the e46. these were on sports cars that are lower than most cars and the way they slope down to the sides means you can aim them up higher without blinding traffic and also so the driver can see further.
    Really? I didn't know that. I still gotta adjust mine, I can see some the steps on the ground when I'm driving.
    Quote Originally Posted by oVerRateD View Post
    nice output... and really great pictures
    Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by gold94corolla View Post
    Nice! It's definitely nice to see someone using some S2Ks again, like in the good ole days.
    S2K ftw!!
    2013 Accord V6 coupe 6MT S2000 retrofit done by LightWerkz

  3. #13
    Senior Member LORD XENON gearbox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    NV
    Posts
    17,124
    well you will always see steps on the ground eventually unless they are aimed parallel to the ground (bad idea because you will blind everyone). but if you have a lowered car, usually you can get away with a 1 inch drop at 25 ft instead of 2 inch drop without any problem (using the lower cutoff line as the reference). the lights do need to be angled down tho to be safe. if you are always struggling to see, then they are prolly too low.

  4. #14
    Senior Member HID KING sbdrumr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Santa Barbara
    Posts
    1,252
    Nice color but the right side looks messed up. There's a big gap where there's no cutoff toward the end. Looks like the later FX-R's.

  5. #15
    Senior Member HID Rookie LatinoDC2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    302
    Quote Originally Posted by gearbox View Post
    well you will always see steps on the ground eventually unless they are aimed parallel to the ground (bad idea because you will blind everyone). but if you have a lowered car, usually you can get away with a 1 inch drop at 25 ft instead of 2 inch drop without any problem (using the lower cutoff line as the reference). the lights do need to be angled down tho to be safe. if you are always struggling to see, then they are prolly too low.
    Cool, thanks for the info.
    Quote Originally Posted by sbdrumr View Post
    Nice color but the right side looks messed up. There's a big gap where there's no cutoff toward the end. Looks like the later FX-R's.
    You think its the shield? that's probably why there is that little spot on the passager side.
    2013 Accord V6 coupe 6MT S2000 retrofit done by LightWerkz

  6. #16
    Senior Member HID MASTER JSMexUsa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    2,737
    Looks great..

  7. #17
    Junior Member HID Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    32
    looks nice makes me wanna get s2k's even more for my car

  8. #18
    Junior Member HID Newbie nyk20z3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Westchester NY
    Posts
    91
    Great work i just had AP1 projectors put in my 8thgen headlights as well.

  9. #19
    New Member HID Newbie GTP Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    B.C Canada
    Posts
    26
    Looks great ... glad my S2K's are on the way

  10. #20
    Senior Member HID KING sbdrumr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Santa Barbara
    Posts
    1,252
    Quote Originally Posted by LatinoDC2 View Post
    Cool, thanks for the info.

    You think its the shield? that's probably why there is that little spot on the passager side.
    Could be a bulb seating problem. Compare the 2 pics of S2K's. The top of your cutoff should be continous throughout and not trail off as it does on the right.





Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •