Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: wolfgang clear plastic sealant

Senior Member LORD XENON gearbox's Avatar

wolfgang clear plastic sealant

Im sure i've mentioned it before, but this stuff is an absolute must for protecting plastic lamps if you do not want them to turn yellow or hazy over time. basically its like a wax for plastics that lasts months instead of days. it blocks out UV rays and prevents costly damage to the lenses. its best to use this product on new lenses before they get a chance to turn bad. just wipe it on like wax, let it haze, then wipe it off with a microfiber towel. great for headlamps, taillamps, sidemerkers, anything plastic on the outside of the car. it also has the added benefit of beading water when driving in the rain, which reduces headlight glare to other drivers and gives you more light on the road. similar to those glass treatments you put on the windshield to see better in the rain without wipers. ths stuff is expensive at $40 for a 16 oz bottle, but i usually only use one bottle every few years. this stuff is also very good at cleaning butyl off the lenses if you accidentally get some stuck while sealing up a retro. literally melts it right off without scratching.

Senior Member HID Rookie bilinvic's Avatar
    Thanxs for the info...might have to check this product out.

BrokenVisaCard
    Will it work on black plastic? I hate how plastic turns dull...

it only works for transparent plastics. for black i use adam's VRT (vinyl, rubber, tire) dressing which is very nice but not too greasy and does not sling off after driving. i use it for all black trims and the tires. gives a good look no wet oil shine and gets sucked in fast for no mess.

Senior Member HID Rookie tommyp2010's Avatar
    If I can ever talk one of my buds at work who is great at wetsanding and buffing into doing my headlights I gotta pick up some of this to put on them. They need wetsanded bad and this would be a great way to protect them.

also the wolfgang makes them smooth as glass so they do not get dirty nearly as often.

Senior Member HID Rookie Bigboy's Avatar
    best place to purchase?

i usually buy from autogeek.net and they have a few other products too but the sealer is the best one.

http://www.autogeek.net/16ozwoplsuse.html

Senior Member HID Rookie Bigboy's Avatar
    thanks man.

Quote Originally Posted by gearbox View Post
    i usually buy from autogeek.net and they have a few other products too but the sealer is the best one.

http://www.autogeek.net/16ozwoplsuse.html
    Yep,
    autogeek has everything from microfiber towels to polishers.
    Along with with the Wolfgangs Plastic Sealant gearbox mentioned I use Plexus anti static plastic cleaner.