Thread: ML 350 HID'S

ML 350 HID'S

Whats up guys, haven't been here in a while...probable know my brother as Maxecutive. Anyway I bought the 2012 Mercedes-Benz ML350 and the vehicle does not come with HID's yet. I was wondering if you guys can help me out on which kit I can use on this truck. (H7 55W) Bulb. Thanks.

BrokenVisaCard
    No HIDs on a higher end $50k vehicle?

Photos of the headlights? That'll help people give ideas to see what exactly you're working it..

Senior Member HID KING
    If you just want to go the HID KIT route instead of retrofitting a proper HID projector, then just about any H7 kit would work. You could either use 35w or 55w, but I would stick to 35w in order to protect your projectors from burning.

Sometimes you can find projectors that have the same bolt pattern as the halogen ones you have, so it could be a really simple retro. Something to consider.

Thanks guys..

Junior Member HID Newbie
    I would use the Morimoto H7 kit as opposed to the "other" HID kits. The generic HID kits, even branded ones, just use a typical HID bulb (like D2S) and rebase it onto a H7 base. The Morimoto H7 bulbs are actually H7 design (and shaped like a H7 halogen bulb). That means, the optics will work out perfectly with your halogen projectors that came stock with your car.

Senior Member HID Nut
    If it were me spending that sum of money on a vehicle, it would bother me riding around with a cheap, Chinese kit installed. I would definitely invest the time and money in a proper retrofit. Nothing more tragic than seeing a Mercedez rolling with ricer headlights.
    [ 1999 Honda Prelude SH ] [ Hybrid TL projectors with OEM ZKW lenses] [ Koito slim ballasts ]

Senior Member HID KING
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked SC View Post
    If it were me spending that sum of money on a vehicle, it would bother me riding around with a cheap, Chinese kit installed. I would definitely invest the time and money in a proper retrofit. Nothing more tragic than seeing a Mercedez rolling with ricer headlights.
    Yeah what this guy said, just make sure you use some cheap Chinese projectors as well (Morimoto Mini H1/D2s, FX-R, etc.)

BrokenVisaCard
    Quote Originally Posted by Infinity-x View Post
    Yeah what this guy said, just make sure you use some cheap Chinese projectors as well (Morimoto Mini H1/D2s, FX-R, etc.)
    Burnnnnnnnnn

Cheap is only great when it works. Not so great when your feelings get hurt because the world will judge you and make fun of your money saving thoughts lol