Thread: My Nissan Patrol

My Nissan Patrol

Hello to all. I'm loving all the info I'm finding on here. You probably don't see to many of these 4wds over your way so I thought I'd post some pics of it. I've been slowly doing it up over the last couple of years. The top lights are 70 HIDs, 240 watt light bar and the lights on the bullbar are 100 HID. These lights are no good on the road as there to bright and the reflection off the road signs is nearly as bad as looking straight into them. There mainly for driving on country roads at night or in the bush. The head lights are still standard at the moment and usless. I've just ordered a full retro kit off TRS and I also bought new lights to fit them to.

Some pics of them on at night.

I've also got lights under the wheel arches for rock crawling and pumping up the tyres at night etc. Also the roof rack has lights all around it for setting up camp and a bit of light while fishing etc. The rear also has 2 x 50 watt led lights for work lights, camping etc which are also wired up to come on with reverse if needed. It's also had all the interior lights converted to LED. When it comes to lighting I have a little problem. I think I may be scared of the dark.

The other mods that have been done so far is twin TJM air lockers, Bush Ranger super max air compressor with air tank, 4 inch suspension lift, super flex front radius arms, Bilstein remote reservor shocks, heavy duty control arms, steering arms & panhards, 10,000 pound winch and I've just resprayed it only this time it was done with ceramic based clear.

Anyway I'm off to do some more reading.

Cheers Mick.
    Last edited by mick.; April 13th, 2012 at 05:28 AM.

BrokenVisaCard
    Very nice rig!!

Decked out with lights is never a bad thing. Unless you're trying to hide. Then RED LEDs would be good to light up the camp site (I have a few for my camp trips).

I'v seen a few of the patrols where I live. I think the american version is the Xterra??

Junior Member HID Newbie
    should have a pic with all them lights on

Senior Member HID Learner TRSNick's Avatar
    I wish the Nissan Patrol came to the US...I'd love that solid front axle...mmmmmmm
    100 Series Landcruiser
    3" Morimoto FX-R 3.0 /TEQ Lens / 55W Ballasts / CBI's / X.DRL

Senior Member HID Learner
    pics of cutoff!!

lolz

Well I've got some new projectors for the Patrol. I started off with mini moromoto D2S originally then upgraded to the Stanley 3 inch projector since then. Now I've got some LS460 Bi-Xenons which I got from the retro source and I've also got a pair of RX 350 Bi-Xenons here as well and I don't know which ones to use. lol I've also found a headlight for the Patrol that has 2 sections in the light for high and low beam so my other option is to set them up as quads and having one as Bi-Xenon and one as highbeam only by removing the cut off. I'm confused as I don't know whether to use one set of projectors and which ones or do I fit both.

Has anyone got photos of both projectors set up with the clear lens or seen both set up and know which is the better set up? There doesn't seem to be a lot of info on the LS460s. BTW all the lights and the roof rack is coming off so thats why I'm thinking of doing quads.

Cheers Mick.

Senior Member HID Learner
    Your gonna want to use the RX350 projectors, blows the mini out of the water especially because not many people here are fond of the mini D2S compared to the H1 rx350 are some of the best bi-x projectors out there, RX350 hands down, but if u can fit a quad then why not? just more light to ad to your spotlight on wheels haha