Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: new osram diadem chrome signal bulbs

Senior Member HID KING apkarian100's Avatar
    I like the old diadems. Still have a set of 1157s at my house. Curious to see how these ones will look.

The GIF Master HID KING soulsea's Avatar
    I have a quick question about the W5W/194 version ...

Does anyone know if they are okay to run as side markers/park lights?

I can't imagine heat buildup would be too much of an issue with filament bulbs but I wanted to check jic.

Thanks.

2014.5 RR V8SC

Senior Member LORD XENON gearbox's Avatar
    should be just fine. the old diadems (big bulb versions) had a park light filament and turn filament in the same bulb so they were on all the time as a park light. the coatings are hi temp and should not flake off from heat, esp since the turn filament heats the bulb much hotter than the park filament. the only warning i would have is the amber color prolly wont be the same as a regular amber bulb. it prolly will be more yellow rather than orange.

The GIF Master HID KING soulsea's Avatar
    Mmm interesting ... so if I'm running a 3157 PnP led bulb in my main parking light the carpet won't match the drapes?

2014.5 RR V8SC

Senior Member LORD XENON gearbox's Avatar
    actually the led prolly has a better chance of matching than the amber filament. when i ran 7440 silvervisions, it was a near perfect match for yellow/amber leds. but the amber coated bulbs were more orange compared to the led. i guess it also depends on the leds used. most chinese leds are yellow around 590nm, genuine oem leds are closer to 595nm which is a darker amber.