Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lancer 2008 wiring

It is a stupid option and not worth it on a lancer BVC, Thank You for more post waste.

OP, You could perhaps put an LED within the FX-R (In front of the shield) and run that through your parking lights perhaps and have it be on for a DRL. Where would you plan on putting the LED Strip ? Perhaps you could put one in your lower grille. Also a CCFL Halo is an option. Perhaps to make a custom relay/Harness to have your High Beam be running at 6v or half power to be your DRL in the style that Honda and Toyota do

BrokenVisaCard
    Quote Originally Posted by johnygezony View Post
    It is a stupid option and not worth it on a lancer BVC, Thank You for more post waste.

OP, You could perhaps put an LED within the FX-R (In front of the shield) and run that through your parking lights perhaps and have it be on for a DRL. Where would you plan on putting the LED Strip ? Perhaps you could put one in your lower grille. Also a CCFL Halo is an option. Perhaps to make a custom relay/Harness to have your High Beam be running at 6v or half power to be your DRL in the style that Honda and Toyota do
    Wow. So this forum is just about only ONE way to do things now, huh? Lets throw out options. There is only one way now a days...

But while we're getting at that point, YOUR post is stupid and a waste. A relay and wire setup is much better tahn putting LEDs inside a projector through the parking lamps.

You must have not read the OP. His ECU cntrols his DRL (canada) so even if he went your route, he'd still have to figure out the half power issue being sent to the lights.

Stupid stupid stupid
    Last edited by BrokenVisaCard; March 28th, 2012 at 08:37 AM.

Yup, Because he is gonna do an ECU swap from a american car...Do you have an extra 21st Chromosome ?

BrokenVisaCard
    The fact you have to ask that - Fail.

hahaha sorry, couldn't help it

On the contrary many people with Trisomy 21 have the ability to use a personal computer BVC.

BrokenVisaCard
    And that's why there are people like you who get pissed off at people like me

Win win, right?

Either way.. don't be a troll. There is no reason why a member can't put an idea out there. And for you to say my idea/post was a waste is pure ignorance. But if you feel the need to limit the information that could flow through the forums then by all means - but I doubt this forum is one that wants to limit ones thoughts.

very well, I am just concerned as to the practicality of doing and ECU swap from a different car and the amount of word that it would require to get the functions that he needs when all he that needs to be done is something pertaining to lighting.

Senior Member HID Learner sweeneyp's Avatar
    anyway back to the OP question not BVC bashing....

So if I understand you right, you have DRL's on the low beam (controlled by ECU not fuses/relay's) and you want to redirect it to another source? Easy.
    **NOTE this will only work if your parking lights aren't on while your DRL's are on***
    Its the exact same setup as on my Toyota Highlander. Just use a single Double throw single pole relay.
    Wire the low beam + line from the car into the 30 pin of the relay, wire the wire harness low beam trigger wire into the 87 pin, ground 86 pin, and wire 85 into the parking light + line. That will leave you the 87a pin to use as a trigger for whatever DRL you want. In my Highlander I redirected mine to the fogs (it runs them at 9 volts under the DRL setup). If you wire it to the high beam 's you will need to use a diode to prevent it from powering up the high beams on the wire harness.
    So with this setup anytime the DRL are on, they are redirected to the 87a pin, and as soon as your main headlights turn on, your parking lights do as well and that trips the relay allowing the low beam power to go to the wire harness to power your HID's.
    Last edited by sweeneyp; March 28th, 2012 at 09:43 AM. Reason: typos...

Junior Member HID Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeneyp View Post
    anyway back to the OP question not BVC bashing....

So if I understand you right, you have DRL's on the low beam (controlled by ECU not fuses/relay's) and you want to redirect it to another source? Easy.
    **NOTE this will only work if your parking lights aren't on while your DRL's are on***
    Its the exact same setup as on my Toyota Highlander. Just use a single Double throw single pole relay.
    Wire the low beam + line from the car into the 30 pin of the relay, wire the wire harness low beam trigger wire into the 87 pin, ground 86 pin, and wire 85 into the parking light + line. That will leave you the 87a pin to use as a trigger for whatever DRL you want. In my Highlander I redirected mine to the fogs (it runs them at 9 volts under the DRL setup). If you wire it to the high beam 's you will need to use a diode to prevent it from powering up the high beams on the wire harness.
    So with this setup anytime the DRL are on, they are redirected to the 87a pin, and as soon as your main headlights turn on, your parking lights do as well and that trips the relay allowing the low beam power to go to the wire harness to power your HID's.
    Hey Thanks,that seems like great idea,i can wire it to the fog lights too,now couple questions
    1)i need 5 pin relay 30/40 amp?
    2)do i need a fuse when i wire to 30
    3)do i only use one relay on one side where the TRS hid wiring harness is?
    4)And maybe you have scem or something of this setup
    Thank you
    Last edited by densan; March 28th, 2012 at 09:04 PM.

Senior Member HID Learner sweeneyp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by densan View Post
    Hey Thanks,that seems like great idea,i can wire it to the fog lights too,now couple questions
    1)i need 5 pin relay 30/40 amp?
    2)do i need a fuse when i wire to 30
    3)do i only use one relay on one side where the TRS hid wiring harness is?
    4)And maybe you have scem or something of this setup
    Thank you
    1) Technically no. You can use a 4 pin if you want (no 87a pin), but you will not be able to redirect the DRL somewhere else. It will just terminate the DRL at the relay. Using a 5 pin relay (with 87a pin), you can use the 87a pin to redirect it. The choice is yours if you want to do that or not. But yes just a standard 30/40 amp relay.
    2)you don't need an inline fuse as your wiring it directly to the headlight circuit and not the battery. If the relay fails (and I have had it fail once, tip don't use cheap relay's that corrode easily) it will short circuit and blow the OEM headlight fuses, so your fine there.
    3)Yep you only do this on the side that you are connecting your TRS wireharness too. I didn't even touch my passenger side plug on my car. Everything is hooked up to the driver side headlight plug.
    4)I actually do have a schematic I made for Toyota Nation, but its not just this relay there are other things in it. I was trying to help someone wire in those ebay headlight's led/CCFL's as their DRL's (which meant running a seperate dedicated relay to up the DRL 9v to the full 12v, and powering the parking light circuit with the DRL, but using diodes to prevent the DRL from powering the whole circuit during the day...if that makes sense). On those headlights, they plug into the parking light so this diagram uses the relay like I talked about on the left, but on the right there is another relay. Just ignore it. Also I know it says the plug is an H4, again just ignore it (its for a Toyota Highlander), its the same principal with any headlight plug. All you need to look at is how to tap the low beam + and the left relay. The output of the left relay (87a) is where you would wire to whatever you want to power. Ignore whatever this shows it going to.