Thread: bowing m1 issues.

bowing m1 issues.

Hi all
    Finaly had enough of this bowing issue I have and wasn't sure how to fix so I figured I post here.

Basically I have an issue where my drivers side lens looks like a smiley face. As in the sides are higher then the center. Any help to flatten this out be appreciated

Thks
    Last edited by majourpain; March 13th, 2012 at 10:25 PM. Reason: cant spell

Adding washers to the bottom screws will help.
    Edit. Here's a thread on it.
    http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?31788-Mini-H1-Bi-xenon-Projector-Improvement-(in-progress)&highlight=mini+h1+bowing
    He used a few layers of tape behind the shield to keep it ever so slightly forward.
    Last edited by JL-KA; March 13th, 2012 at 11:56 PM.

In the works: LS460 | SVS | Morimoto 5Five | Hella 60mm | Toshiba HIR

I see that he uses painter tape. Will that be ok or was that temporary? Also from what I read there the is for a frown bow right? The center is higher then the edges. So should I still do washes on the bottom or top

Give what he did a try first. I would use aluminum HVAC tape though for a permanent solution. Just keep adding layers till it's perfect.

In the works: LS460 | SVS | Morimoto 5Five | Hella 60mm | Toshiba HIR

any idea what size the machine screws are? i have my setup all sealed and finished and to try fixing this i will need to open them up again but i want to get everything before hand to make things faster.