Thread: Lens Swap, Now this?

Lens Swap, Now this?

Ordered a set of OEM Style Headlights for my 08' SRT8.

Installing a set of halo's I decided to swap lenses to some TSX-R's since I had the headlights apart anyway.

Now I have this:

DSC01377 by Jtaugner, on Flickr

DSC01380 by Jtaugner, on Flickr

Stock:

DSC01382 by Jtaugner, on Flickr
    Sorry if the pictures aren't the best, had to jerry rig a setup to get them to work and couldn't get any free hands.

So you put TSX-R lenses onto OEM SRT8 projectors?
    Just because a lens physically fits doesn't mean it will work. I don't full understand the engineering side of the optics but what it basically comes down to is that the focal length of the lens is not compatible with the design of the projector bowl/shield.
    They're not going to work. If you want clear lenses you would have to send your OEM lenses to Paleryeder(Bill) on the forums. He has the equipment to polish them clear. He's been busy lately though.

In the works: LS460 | SVS | Morimoto 5Five | Hella 60mm | Toshiba HIR

Quote Originally Posted by JL-KA View Post
    So you put TSX-R lenses onto OEM SRT8 projectors?
    Just because a lens physically fits doesn't mean it will work. I don't full understand the engineering side of the optics but what it basically comes down to is that the focal length of the lens is not compatible with the design of the projector bowl/shield.
    They're not going to work. If you want clear lenses you would have to send your OEM lenses to Paleryeder(Bill) on the forums. He has the equipment to polish them clear. He's been busy lately though.
    Thats unfortunate. When I called TRS they said it should be a easy swap. Bleh so much for that.

Thanks for the quick response!

Sorry to disappoint. It is what it is though. You can try measuring the thickness of the oem lens and the thickness of the TSXr and spacing it accordingly. Might work...might not. But you've got them so might as well try.

In the works: LS460 | SVS | Morimoto 5Five | Hella 60mm | Toshiba HIR

Senior Member HID Recruit
    Spacing the lense won't work, it has to do with the curvature of the lense (AKA the distance from the flat surface to the furthest point of the curced side. There should be lenses with different focal lengths, measure this distance with a caliper on your stock lense and see if one of the available ones is extremely close