Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SYLVANIA 168/194/2825 LED BULB

Senior Member HID Learner

SYLVANIA 168/194/2825 LED BULB

Picked up a couple of these the other day. Comparable to Luxer1. Brighter forward beam but Luxer1 seems to be better 360 wise. Runs warmer than Luxer1. Writing on bulb says 1w 2850cw. Looks just a shade whiter than the Luxer1 to me. Got them at Advance Auto Parts!http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/...5/100_0103.jpg

Senior Member HID Rookie
    Oh snap. how much were these?
    2014 Ford Focus SE HB
    2004 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 on 33/12.50r15 km2s (SOLD)

Pricey 12.99 each.

Senior Member LORD XENON gearbox's Avatar
    LED bulbs! finally here lol ive been wondering when sylvania would release their pnp version. im a bit disappointed at the power consumption but still not bad. luxer1 led is only 0.25w, these sylvanias are 1w. how would you say the color temp compares? any side by side pics? do the sylvanias get pretty warm? can you see which led they use? oreilly and autozone and pepboys do not have these yet. for the price and power usage, seems like they are not quite as good as luxer1. do you have better pics of what the bulb looks like? the pic above is really dark.

Ahhhh finally! I'd much rather spend 13 bucks on these than spend a few dollars on ebay and have them die in a month. These are gonna sell like crazy when they go retail here

Osram led. Color temp pretty much the same. If any thing a little warmer to me. They do run a little warm. Looks like the metal ring serves as a heatsink of sorts.

okay the reason i ask is we all know what happened with the philips vision led bulbs i bought. they had a monster cree xpg with a tiny piece of metal for a heat sink. after 20 secs, you couldnt even touch the bulb. after a few mins, you can have melting. is the cap glued in place or can you take a peek for us? lol. still a better heatsink than philips, but 1w leds in that small of a package make me nervous. wish they had em here i would go grab a pair and pull them apart. the philips led did have a nice current regulating driver built in, but the heatsink is useless and only makes the lights appropriate for maybe turn signal type lighting and possibly as dome lights so long as you dont leave the door open. these osrams look to be a bit better planned and maybe can be used for park lights too.

check this out. in another month they are releasing two different led DRL kits under the same LEdriving line.

http://www.sylvania.com/AboutUs/Pressxpress/Tradeshowevents/AAPEX/NEWSOLIDSTATELIGHTINGLINE.htm

Yes I don't know how useful the heatsink is on this bulb. I think I will real world torture these puppys just to see how they hold up! I'll pull them apart if and when they $%%* the bed!

Neat little bulb. Think it might use the Olson SX? It's not quite a 1W emitter, but you account for the efficiency loss off the driver, it would be close.