Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Analog Sequential LED Turn signal parts list and diagram

anyone got a video of what this looks like?

Senior Member HID Learner
    Quote Originally Posted by joedm
    anyone got a video of what this looks like?
    Here's a link
    1983 BMW 635CSi

Quote Originally Posted by luai78664
    i realized that CoZZm0_AU has taken the pics out of the schematic and his board. good thing i saved them. i'll keep these on till the world ends (or if photobucket goes down or something). anyway, here they are:

PS: these are not mine. property of CoZZm0_AU. if CoZZm0_AU doesn't want to share these pics anymore, i'll take them down.
    Would pin 4 on the PQ12RF21 be the input from the turn signal?

Senior Member HID MASTER azdave's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wrenchturner1980
    Would pin 4 on the PQ12RF21 be the input from the turn signal?
    No. In this case pin #4 is not connected. The power cycling on the normal turn signal feed wire is fed into the Sharp regulator (PQ12RD21, PQ12RF21) and each time power goes off the circuit resets and starts over again.

Quote Originally Posted by azdave
    No. In this case pin #4 is not connected. The power cycling on the normal turn signal feed wire is fed into the Sharp regulator (PQ12RD21, PQ12RF21) and each time power goes off the circuit resets and starts over again.
    Do you need an adjustable rate turn signal flasher to leave power on long enough to get the speed of the sequence you want?

Senior Member HID MASTER azdave's Avatar
    Do you need an adjustable rate turn signal flasher to leave power on long enough to get the speed of the sequence you want?
    Most people try to work within the blinking pattern they get from their OEM blinker. I customized my OEM blinker so that I could have the exact sequence timing I was after so it looks perfect.

Senior Member HID Rookie luai78664's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by azdave
    that's why the 5k pot is put in. you turn the dial to set the speed desired.

I don't mean the speed of the sequential LED, I mean the amount of time the vehicle provides power to light the signal. Say your car turn signal applies power for 2 seconds. Does that mean you have 2 seconds for all the LED to go threw their entire sequence?

Senior Member HID Rookie MREvolution's Avatar

I don't mean the speed of the sequential LED, I mean the amount of time the vehicle provides power to light the signal. Say your car turn signal applies power for 2 seconds. Does that mean you have 2 seconds for all the LED to go threw their entire sequence?
    Yeah

I build the circuit on a bread board and it works...kind of. The led's don't stay lit. They just keep going over and over in a sequence. Anyone have any idea what I did wrong?

Thank you for all the help guys, without it I couldn't even get close to this far!!!