Thread: whats the whittest,brightest 9005 halogen light bulb?

whats the whittest,brightest 9005 halogen light bulb?

id like to find the whittest brightest 9005 headlight bulb to use in my lowbeams on my car im already using a set of eurolites 9005 bulbs which are ok. I had silverstar 9005 in there and they were slightly better,a bit more in the color range my eyes accept well! nokia arctic white, they sucked balls (use them as spare now)

im looking at HIR 9011 but think they are expensive as well as the GE nighthawk because theyre all around 25/30$ a bulb, id like to invest a maximum of 40$ on lights if possible!

thank you!

Senior Member LORD XENON gearbox's Avatar
    the HIR blows away anything else we could suggest. and your price range is kinda low to suggest anything else. at $75, catz zeta kit would be the best option because you can just use stock 55w clear bulbs with it and the gains will be comparable to hir. the only other thing that would fit what you want is philips vision plus +50 bulbs but they are only maybe 200 lumen better than stock.

oh btw im in quebec canada, where nothing is readily available, ive serched for the ZEta before to no avail! only could find the HIR at the local chevy dealership!

then spend the extra for the hir. they will last much longer than any other bulb so in the end you get your moneys worth.

Senior Member HID Nut Biggie862005's Avatar
    yeah go with HIR, they are second only to HID.....worth the money
    E55 Retrofit | 85122 | "Ebay" Ballasts...

"Im just glad we got to see eachother, talk and re-meet eachother, Save a place in heaven till the next time we meet forever." 08/01/62-12/31/03

How hard is the install on a catz zeta kit? I'm thinking about installing on a 97 Honda accord. Any input thanks

easy, well if you know how the wiring works. it uses the big blade fuses so if your car has the small ones, plug and play isnt an option. i ended up splicing the wires to the catz kit. and i only did lo beam, i figured out how to do hi beam later but by that time it didnt matter and i went back to hid. but they can only boost one bulb per ballast. but each ballast has a second input and output also so you can hook a second bulb so long as the first bulb turns off when the second goes on. cant have both on together. so yeah pretty much there is a way to make it work for lo and hi beam. its worth figuring out and the instructions they send are very detailed.

Junior Member HID Newbie
    Recently installed some HIR and I was amazed by the difference in light output. I highly recommended the upgrade.

I am thinking of getting another set for my fog lights, are there any negatives I need to think about or should it be fine?

Quote Originally Posted by hitmantony
    I am thinking of getting another set for my fog lights, are there any negatives I need to think about or should it be fine?
    I too would like to know about this. i'd love to have hir's in my is300s eventually. and it'd be even better if the is300 fogs were actually on my car too!