Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: H3C vs H3 HIDS?!?

H3C vs H3 HIDS?!?

Hey,

I was wondering what is the difference between H3C hid bulbs and H3 hid bulbs. I recently replaced my H3 halogen globe that was behind a projector with a H3 HID globe but the H3 HID globe is a lot longer than the H3 halogen globe. But I was looking on the net and found the H3C globes that look to be the same size as the H3 halogen globes, what are the differences between these two globes? Will the H3 HID globe be brighter than the H3C HID globe?

Cheers. :rock:

H3C HID GLOBE

H3 Halogen globe vs H3 HID globe

Senior Member LORD XENON gearbox's Avatar
    h3c makes a much better beam pattern because the arc is alot closer to the original H3 halogen bulb position. it will almost look like stock. with the long h3 hid, it will make the light pattern very bad and weird.

okay thanks for the info, does anyone else have any info on what is best?

I thought that might be the case that the H3C bulb is a better replacement for the H3 halogen globe, but won't the light be brighter from the long H3
    HID globe compared to the small H3C HID globe?

Because I am kind of unhappy with the H3 8000K HID globe I have in there at the moment, it covers a huge area but the light seems pretty dim, thought it would be a lot stronger and concentrated I guess. I just don't want to spend more money and get a H3C globe to find out the light output is less than the bulb I have in there at the moment because it is just a smalled globe?

Thanks!

Senior Member HID Guru
    it depends on application
    i've seen the h3 HID in certain projectors and pattern is still the same with HID intensity

Senior Member HID Rookie
    H3C is better IMO. It tends to match the optics of the application better than the H3 HID bulbs due to arc position. H3c does not have a capsule, the gas is enclosed under the main glass capsule, might be a bit dangerous, and I think it would spread more UV rays (specifically UV-B Rays) which are harmful to anyone looking at your headlights.

Okay so it seems that the H3C bulb will have a better beam pattern because it is smaller and matches the projector?

But will the H3C HID bulb output be stronger than the HID H3 bulb? I guess I just think that the H3 bulb will be stronger and emit more light due to the sheer size of it compared to the smaller H3C bulb.

Thanks!

Senior Member HID Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by confusedcious
    Okay so it seems that the H3C bulb will have a better beam pattern because it is smaller and matches the projector?

But will the H3C HID bulb output be stronger than the HID H3 bulb? I guess I just think that the H3 bulb will be stronger and emit more light due to the sheer size of it compared to the smaller H3C bulb.

Thanks!
    Beam Pattern: +1 H3C

Output: Tie H3C and H3 HID:

Output isn't determined by size, but rather by the length of the arc (distance between the 2 electical rods). Gas concentration should be higher in the H3C because it has a smaller space. Aftermarket companies may cheap out and use the same input sources for the solids without adjustment (leaving the same concentration). Same concentration in smaller space=less solids. They may get away with that, but it would be unlikely because the arc could not be sustained like that, unless they played with the spacing of the rods as well. I think because aftermarket companies don't want to do research into proper rod positions vs. solids needed, they would probably increase concentration (easier way to go), which should yield the same output.

Senior Member LORD XENON gearbox's Avatar
    yup, if you take a d2s bulb and move it around forward or backward you will see huge differences in light output. the optics of the projector was designed to have light emitted from a specific point. heres a stupid pic but it makes the point

Senior Member HID FANATIC linuxglobal's Avatar
    yup h3c FTW>.. by far the best fog bulb for most oem hid projectors.

Im loving them in my maxima fogs.

i highly recommend you get a set, ure gonna love them, just use oem ballasts instead of kit ones.

No fogs

fogs on

recently burned out my amp fuse so i used my fog fuse for the time being, need to find my spares so no fogs for now
    Ciprian || Linuxglobal Headlights: (647) 492-1127
    Retrofit count: 245 (June 25 2014)
    Follow me on FaceBook Linuxglobal on YouTube
    Hidplanet Retrofitters Hidplanet University Buy/Sell Forum Rules My feedback

Hey guys thanks for the replies + pics! I will reply later tonight once I take the car out and get some night shots for you to get a better idea of my problem. Kinda dissappointed with it but I will explain later