Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Having problems with HID on 2004 Dodge Ram 1500

New Member HID Newbie

Having problems with HID on 2004 Dodge Ram 1500

I installed an HIDplus kit on my truck and i'm having problems with the ballasts igniting properly. Once you turn on the light, the ballasts "strobe/flicker" and do not turn on. My lamp out signal comes on and nothing is resolved. The ballasts work properly because they were tested and the bulbs lit up with no problem before the install. I was told that the 03's don't have problems with HID's on them as a friend informed me. Please HELP!!!!!! ](*,)

Senior Member HID MASTER NEON_2NR's Avatar
    Are you using a headlight harness with the setup?

If so the headlight out system might be shutting the ballast off. If you are not using a headlight harness I would suggest it. hid pulls a lot more amperage that halogens, after the warmup then they pull less power.

New Member HID Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by NEON_2NR
    Are you using a headlight harness with the setup?

If so the headlight out system might be shutting the ballast off. If you are not using a headlight harness I would suggest it. hid pulls a lot more amperage that halogens, after the warmup then they pull less power.
    I do have a headlight harness because it connects to the harness of the truck then it connects to the ballasts.

Senior Member HID MASTER
    That model year will always have the lights out indicator with a harnessed kit. Dont know why its not firing up though. Do you have a test light or volt meter? Check the signal to the ballasts and make sure there is good power.

New Member HID Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by HIDPLANET
    That model year will always have the lights out indicator with a harnessed kit. Dont know why its not firing up though. Do you have a test light or volt meter? Check the signal to the ballasts and make sure there is good power.
    My friend checked it and there's enough power. I'll have to double check, but there's nothing wrong with the kit.

I remember you asking me where in the 818 am I located. I'm in Canoga Park. Do you think you can help me out if we meet up somehow?

Randy

Junior Member HID Newbie
    only thing i can think of in experience of a strobe/flicker is to check to make sure every power connection is tight. I had my ground wire hanging on my neg. battery post, not secured and my relay made a "strobed" clicking sound.

Senior Member HID MASTER
    I wish I could help but im pretty busy on weekends currently and dont have much time during the day. Otherwise id have you pull up to the garage and check it out.

Senior Member HID MASTER NEON_2NR's Avatar
    your friend that checked the voltage, see if you can have him check the amperage. on startup, during warmup, and normal operation. If the bulbs can reach normal operation. Hopefully the "kit" isn't a faulty one. there are a lot of problems with hid "kits" If you have a wire harness then you will have a lot of wire, relays, and extra plugs for the ballasts, and for the trucks stock headlight plugs.

kinda like this one. hope it helps.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...&category=6763

Senior Member HID MASTER
    You need to post pictures so we can determine what youre dealing with.

New Member HID Newbie
    it is the truck computer that is doing it. i think cause it is a different wattage it make the computer or whatever think that the bulb is burnt out. i fixed it by connect the hid with foglight kit that had a relay and switch. you just have to get use to just turing on you parking lights only and switch on you headlights with another switch.