Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: What is the BEST HID Kit out on the market that will last.

What is the BEST HID Kit out on the market that will last.

Ok well i'm new to the forum and site and well im probably goin to order HIDS for my 92 civic "H4's" and run them through the OEM glass housin, I dont really like that projector junk, not too much into that im just goin to leave the stock OEM glass housin and run it through there and well I dont know how its goin to look but does anyone have any ideas on if its goin to be bright? not bright, im probably goin to go with the 12000K and YES I know they dont project alot of light but I just want them for the color, I dont really care if I can see the road or not,

and is the brand McCulloch good? if not, What are some other good brands you can trust? please explain and anyone know anymore websites links that are the BEST to get HIDS Kits for? thanks

and here is the link to the HIDS I had in mind of orderin tell me if there good or not

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Brand...34766872QQrdZ1

and here's the glass OEM housin im goin to be runnin them through

Junior Member HID Newbie
    You don't care if you can't see the road?? I'm pretty sure everyone is going to say you need to retrofit because using the stock reflector housing will produce way too much blinding glare....

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberdan3
    You don't care if you can't see the road?? I'm pretty sure everyone is going to say you need to retrofit because using the stock reflector housing will produce way too much blinding glare....

Look I dont really care if I can see good the roads at night or whatever that's the LEAST of my worries, I just really want the color of the light the deep blue/violent tint thats about it, and IMO I dont like projectors or whatever you guys on this site call them I just don't im sorry so thats why i'm going to just put them through these stock OEM glass housing in the picture above.

Senior Member HID KING
    catz hid kits are what I prefer. The ballasts would last a long time, not sure of the bulbs.
    2010 Impreza

Quote Originally Posted by mrquattro
    catz hid kits are what I prefer. The ballasts would last a long time, not sure of the bulbs.

Thank you, and I was wonderin about McCulluoch and Philips?

and if this Philips Kit from ebay is worth gettin?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Brand...34766872QQrdZ1

Senior Member HID KING
    Quote Originally Posted by riceboiii

http://cqi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Brand...34766872QQrdZ1
    I would get a philips ballasts only if they have no higher than 6000K d2s bulbs and they are made by osram or philips.
    2010 Impreza

Quote Originally Posted by riceboiii

http://cqi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Brand...34766872QQrdZ1
    I would get a philips ballasts only if they have no higher than 6000K d2s bulbs and they are made by osram or philips.

I'm sorry im not too familiar with all this HID talk, like what do you mean? but I was asking that Philips Kit the one with the link is it good? legit and will last long?

Senior Member HID KING
    ballast might, bulb i would not count on lasting long. my opinion, less than a year.
    2010 Impreza

so the 12K Bosch Japan Xenon Bulbs are not good? know any other bulbs I can get 12K that are good?

Senior Member HID Nut
    if you don't care about light output, why not just go buy some cheap H4 halogen bulbs and paint them with a purple stained glass paint, or something else transparent. At least then you won't be blinding everyone else, and it'd be a lot cheaper. Would be about equally worthless as a lighting modification, but would get the color you want for a whole lot less money.

You're not going to find a quality 12000k bulb... 6000k is about as high as you'll find anything of quality in, and it won't be cheap.

The problem is that you want quality parts, but not to use it for it's proper reason. The people that make quality parts do so for their lighting performance and proper use. Someone that doesn't care about proper use isn't going to care about quality.