Thread: HID kit in 2003 Dodge Ram

HID kit in 2003 Dodge Ram

Hey everyone,

I have a 2003 dodge ram and i bought a 9000K HID kit for it. I installed it and the only thing i get from it is the ignitor trying to ignite the bulb but does not ignite at all. I thought the kit was a bust so i directly connected it to the battery and they came on. So knowing the kit was not a bust i then installed them back on the headlight harness and they do not come on? Anyone out there with the same issue.

New Member HID Newbie
    im new too, but i suspect your DRLs are throwing a wrench into things.

Senior Member HID Learner
    Are you installing these in Ram reflector housings?

If you are make sure that there is very little glare so you don't blind people as you drive by.
    1995 Mazda Millenia S - TSX Retrofit, Philips Gen 4 Ballasts, Philips 4300k D2S
    Check Out My CarDomain Page - Updated 7/19/06 - Rank and Sign the Guest Book

Senior Member HID Recruit KroniK's Avatar
    On the dodge rams youhave to wire them directly to the battery. The rams have some weird wiring and the hids will not light up with the engine running only with the engine off when connected to the stock harness. You need to get a switch and some wiring and connect it directly to the battery and not the stock harness.

2004 Supercharged Chevy Cavalier with color modded Infinity FX Bi-Xenon Projectors covered in carbon fiber.

Yea, they are being installed in the stock housing for now anywayz. I just want to get them running. Besides rewiring, what else can i do. Seems like they try to ignite but all i get is tick,tick,tick,etc.

Senior Member HID Recruit KroniK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by extremeskillz
    Yea, they are being installed in the stock housing for now anywayz. I just want to get them running. Besides rewiring, what else can i do. Seems like they try to ignite but all i get is tick,tick,tick,etc.
    You need to wire then to the battery not the stock harness.

2004 Supercharged Chevy Cavalier with color modded Infinity FX Bi-Xenon Projectors covered in carbon fiber.

ok i ended up buy a 9007 relay harness but the damn thing still does it. Instead of tick, tick, tick in the ballast the relays do it now. You think white should be ground and black positive. Or should i ground directly to the trucks chasis and put positive in the factory harness?

New Member HID Newbie

hid

do not use any wiring on the 03 frame ground the balast and relay, use a 30 amp fuse in a lead from the battery ti the relay add a 3 to 5 amp on the hot at the relay add a switch on the dash and trip the relay through the switch and small fuse. all of my work has been on my 06 i have an 03 but it is not in the yard right now for me to look at i have one h13 bulb per side i think my 03 has 2- 1006's per side if this is the case you will need a second relay fuse and switch for the high beam irreguardless if you change the high beam out . this is because of how the fcm module in the dodge works